I'm blogging on this topic at the WordServe Water Cooler on Monday. Here's the link: Energize Your Marketing Strategies. Come on over and join the conversation.
I'm also preparing to attend the American Christian Fiction Writers Conference in St. Louis. It will be a bit easier this year since I don't have to schedule an editor appointment and I'm blessed to have an awesome agent, Rachelle Gardner. Rachelle just happens to be one of the agents nominated for Agent of the Year. It will be so much fun to cheer her on.
So even though I don't have to worry about appointments I do have to think about what will help me as I attend workshops and the continuing education programs. Here's a look at what I'll be doing.
- Getting in early to spend some time with friend and roomie, Vicki Cato.
- Looking forward to visiting with my agent, WordServe authors, and other buddies.
- Looking for other authors who might be able to endorse my next book, Chameleon.
- Attending The Early Bird The Moral Premise
- A Kiss Is NOT Just a Kiss presented by Julie Lessman and Ruth Axtell Morren
- The Vise, the Rachet and the Hammer-Suspense so Good it Hurts presented by Kristen Heitzmann
- Sometimes It’s Better to Tell than Show, Level: D, Presented by Erin Healy
I'm also looking forward to a Mentor Appointment. Don't know who I've been assigned to yet but I think it's a great way to grow.
Conference is always a growth experience. God sometimes plans things we would have never dreamed of and it's wise to be open to a change in plans. If you're going I suggest you be flexible, sleep when you get tired and take advantage of worship opportunities.
What are you looking forward to?