Like many of us, I'm always busy. Family, my day job as a counselor, my writing, blogging, answering e-mails,running errands and trying to find some time for me. I used to think there was an answer, but I'm not so certain there is an answer anymore. In fact I'm sure there is no easy balancing act. It's all about priorites for each of us and we alone are the ones that can choose what is most important in our lives.
Dictionary.com says: BALANCE
1. a state of equilibrium or equipoise; equal distribution of weight, amount, etc.
2. something used to produce equilibrium; counterpoise.
3. mental steadiness or emotional stability; habit of calm behavior, judgment, etc.
I like these definitions. They also have a lot more. I really liked #2. It reminded me of how I can use scripture to find balance in my life.
Mark 1:35(New International Version)
Jesus Prays in a Solitary Place
35Very early in the morning, while it was still dark, Jesus got up, left the house and went off to a solitary place, where he prayed.
Matthew 11:28:Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
I'm struggling with balance.
I'm going to complete a schedule this week so I don't let other things that are not priorities get in the way. It won't be perfect, but I'm hoping I'll have a sense of peace about what I need to accomplish.
If you're a writer I also encourage you to visit B.J. Hoff's blog site to read her August 6th post on "A Writers Balance."
How do you find your balance?
JILL'S SECOND NOVEL
Find out more about, CHAMELEON.
JILLIAN'S DEBUT NOVEL
Don't miss Jill's debut novel, SECRETS OF THE HEART, available now from Realms.
Secrets of the Heart receives 4 STARS from Romantic Times!
Kent has a bright future in the world of inspirational writers. Her characters are lively and well defined. This new series, The Ravensmoore Chronicles, takes place in early 19th century England and will captivate readers with it's lovely style, and clear concise message. Reviewed by Patsy Glans.
Debra Marvin is back this week with incredible information and pics on the naval aspects of the War of 1812. If you missed her first post o...
Every once in awhile you meet someone who loves the things you love. Like history for instance. I write during England's Regency era, ...
Christi Corbett Please welcome my awesome guest blogger, Christi Corbett. Christi and I have been through some interesting times togeth...
How many of you remember Dead Poets Society? Look familiar? If you've never seen it, I highly recommend you watch it sometime. I wa...
- Alton Gansky
- American Christian Fiction Writers
- Ancient Mystery/Modern Thrill
- Anne Perry
- Asylum Suitcases
- Athol Dickson
- BJ Hoff
- Books and Such Blog
- Brandilyn Collins
- British Museum
- Business Rusch Publishing Articles
- C.S. Harris
- Christi Corbett
- Christian Fiction Historical Society
- Christian Fiction Online Magazine
- Dean Wesley Smith
- Diane Stortz and A Bible Place
- Doc Hensley on Writing
- Dr. Jeff Brown
- Faith, Hope, And Love
- Harlan Coben
- History Extra
- Inkwell Inspirations
- International Christian Fiction Writers
- James Scott Bell
- Jane Austen's World
- Jody Hedlund
- Jones House Creative
- Julie Lessman
- Just The Write Charisma
- Kristine Kathryn Rusch
- Lena Nelson Dooley
- Lynette Eason
- Mae Nunn
- Mike Dellosso/Wide-Eyed Fiction
- Mystery Writers of America
- Novel Rocket
- Rachelle Gardner's Blog
- Redwood's Medical Edge
- Regency Reflections
- Romance Writers of America
- Serena B Miller
- Steve Laube Blog
- Tess Gerritsen
- The Character Therapist
- The Creative Penn
- The Kill Zone
- The Write Life
- The Writer's Pen
- Writers Digest, There are No Rules Blog
- Writing Historical Novels
- ► 2013 (33)
- ► 2012 (58)
- ► 2011 (90)
- Bedlam Tuesday/Madness in Literature and the Movie...
- MY WISH FOR MY DAUGHTER MEGHAN
- Blog Pick of the Week/Debra Marvin's Hijacked by H...
- Battle Wounds/ UN International Day of Peace
- Blog Pick of the Week/Susanne Dietze/Lucado's Out ...
- Conference Blast Instead of Bedlam
- NATIONAL DAY OF ENCOURAGEMENT/A CARD FOR YOU
- Blog Pick of the Week/The Nighttime Novelist
- Finding Balance is Bedlam
- Be Thou My Vision
- ▼ September (11)
Jillian Kent All Rights Reserved.
Site Design by PulsePoint Design