None of us can really control anyone else. We can guide and give advice. We can encourage and nudge, but we can't make anyone do anything. Rather than trying to control others I'd recommend you look inside yourself to explore what it is that frightens you. Here's a list of things I've wish I could control:
- The safety of my family.
- The raise I get every year if I'm fortunate. :)
- How many people buy my books.
- How many people like my books.
- How much I have to pay in taxes.
- An attitude change
- Talking out problems with others
- Setting boundaries
God grant me the Serenity to accept the things I cannot change;
Courage to change the things I can;
And Wisdom to know the difference.