Blog title
Hey! I've moved. You'll be directed to my new blog in 3...2...1...

Bouchercon 2012: Cleveland, Ohio

Tuesday, July 3, 2012


 cleveland bouchercon logoBlame it on the full moon, or great wisdom, or stepping out side my comfort zone, or simple curiosity. I'm thinking of attending Boucheron 2012. It's scheduled for October 4-7. What is it? I think a lot of you probably know but for those of you who don't it's the World Mystery Convention and it's going to an accessible four hour drive if I go and the registration fee is only $175! As these type of conventions go that's VERY reasonable. And wait till you find out who is going to be there. For starters, Elizabeth George who is one of my favorite authors. She writes British mystery novels and if you've read any of my books you know I love England's Regency period. She's an American who writes great contemporary British novels.  And Mary Higgens Clark is getting the Lifetime Achievement Award. John Connolly is Toastmaster and the list goes on and on. If you want to see who is signed up to attend so far look here.

If you want to see where it's been held previously and where it will be over the next three years you can check that out here. So if you love a mystery and if like me you incorporate mystery or crime fiction into your novels you just might want to consider this convention. In this regard Cleveland really does rock! I don't think I can resist the pull.

I made a trip around the internet and found some previous 2011 blog posts about this event. Here you go:

Bouchercon: The Mystery of Conventions

Bouchercon's Beautiful Madness

Lessons from Bouchercon 2011

Blogging Bouchercon, Part 1


I'm really not a fan of big crowds but I just might have to do my best to get over that for this event and pace myself. How about you? Are you going? Have you been? Was it worth it? Have a favorite blog post from this event?



3 comments:

  1. I've never been but this year I'm going! I've never been to an event like this and I'm tired of being jealous of my daughter who goes to most of them! So, Cleveland, here I come!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been twice and loved it!!! As a devoted reader of mysteries it is so great to meet new authors and to be with others that the passion for mysteries and every type is discussed see you in October I wouldnt mss it for the world it's a mystery lover's Super Bowl
    ckhw

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jeanine and Anonymous,
    I recently found out that my college reunion is the same weekend. Now I don't know what I'm doing. The fact that Bouchercon is so rarely this close has me thinking that's where I should be heading. :)

    ReplyDelete