Blog title
Hey! I've moved. You'll be directed to my new blog in 3...2...1...

THE NON-BLOG EXPERIMENT AND CONTEST

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

This might be fatal but I'm going on a summer blogging hiatus that might become permanent. I plan to switch over to journal mode and add a page when the gang at Jones House Creative can help me out. And rather than just call it Jillian's Journal I'd like to open this up for my readers to help me out.

Photobucket
If you're interested in participating, I'm going to giveaway all three books of my Ravensmoore Chronicles and a $25.00 gift certificate from Amazon for the winner. All you need to do is be creative. What should I name my new journal page? I'll pick the one I like best and I plan to post the winner on the Fourth of July. So get creative, mark your calendars, and don't forget to leave your e-mail address in your comment. You can only enter one time and must be a resident of the U.S.A. The contest will end on July 1st Pacific Time.

So why am I going on a blogging hiatus? Because I want to spend more time doing other things like reading, writing novels, and enjoying this summer with my family.

It may not seem like a big deal but everything we writers add to our plates takes time away from getting the work done. Some writers are experts at this and I marvel at what they can accomplish and what they have to say. The need to blog to reach our audiences is changing and has been changing for some time now. If you missed this blog post over at Jody Hedlund's Blog and you're a writer I suggest you check it out: Do Agents and Editors Expect Novelists to Blog.

Each of us is gifted in different areas of our lives and as writers we need to stay in touch. However, there are all kinds of ways to do that. I will continue to blog once a month at Just The Write Charisma Blogspot and on the 29th of every month over at the Christian Fiction Historical Society. I think group blogs are the easiest so I hope you'll visit often.

I enjoy Twitter more than blogging every week and more than (dare I say, Facebook?) I like the idea of a journal. Short and sweet updates when I want to say something more than I can on Twitter, but much less than a typical blog post.

So this is my last official blog post for the summer here on my page with the exception of when I pick the winner of my future journal page on the Fourth of July. I appreciate all my followers and hope you'll sign up on my mailing list if you haven't already. I'd love to be able to reach you when exciting things are happening. This blog will remain available for all to read. Don't forget all the great blogs posted to the right of this page. There's much to explore. Have an awesome summer.


What's your favorite form of social media?



29 comments:

  1. Jillian,

    Blogging is a lot of time, effort, and totally can steal time better devoted to writing. I like your concept of journaling and am looking forward to seeing how it works out.

    Hmmmm, as far as a name, I'm thinking something fun that rhymes (I'm a sucker for alliteration). Here's my entry :)

    Jillian's Writing Journey: Chronicles from the Keyboard

    Christi Corbett

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet I'm going to go crazy choosing a title. Love the Chronicles from the Keyboard. :) This will be challenging but fun too. Thanks for your help!

      Delete
  2. I shared this contest on Twitter too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would call it Simply Jillian or Expressions by Jillian or Jillian, Plain and Simple or Jillian's Journal
    JWIsley(at)aol(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good ones Joye. Like Simply Jillian. Thanks for your thoughts.

      Delete
  4. FROM ME TO YOU or Thoughts Of The Day or take after your book title and do something like Secrets Of My Heart
    JFWisherd at aol dot com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lots of good entries. How about From My Heart to Yours.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Judy. Another good one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jillian's Jewels of Wisdom, thought about Jillian's Jewels, but that could have an almost derogatory connotation these days.

    Ginger dot solomon at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ginger, you're a hoot! I don't know how much wisdom would be involved in this journal. It might be more like Searching for Sanity.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How about "Short & Sweet Updates from Jillian" or "Jillian's Newsworthy Nuggets". It's fun being creative...Linda
    dmcfarl101(at)juno(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Linda,
    I like short and sweet. It is fun being creative!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  13. How about "Waves of Thought, Oceans of Novels"?

    -Meghan-

    ReplyDelete
  14. Meghan,
    That is really good and very tempting. Thanks for the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  15. what about Jill's Quill? I know it's not Jillian, but it goes together so well! Jillian's Quill just doesn't have the same ring. Jillian's Post might work, too. You need something that harkens back to your genre. "Post" would do that, but you'd have to go with a very recognizable icon so that people knew it was like a letter from you to us. maybe a nice envelope with a wax seal?

    best of luck! I love brainstorming!
    jeannie
    the character therapist ®

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Jeannie,
    I love this too! Then I could use some kind of historical looking quill for the journal site. :) I love brainstorming too. I could probably do the quill and the envelope and wax seal for the site as well. Oh this is fun. Thanks Jeannie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that would look so cool...with the quill and wax seal. I also totally want to win your books, b/c I haven't read any of them yet! Can you believe that? We counselors have to stick together better than that. :)

      Delete
    2. Hope you do get to read these novels at some point in the future, Jeannie. You know the life of a counselor plus our writing world commitments, family needs, etc. Stick together indeed.

      Delete
  17. Coming in late, but, how about: Jots with Jillian, or Jotting with Jillian, or Jillian Jots, or any form thereof. I actually thought of "Jots and Tittles" (Matthew 5:18) but that may be a reach. :)Fun contest!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Okay, I did not copy Marian :) Her post was not there when I sent mine through. LOL (Great minds think alike?)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oops, pardon a 3rd comment (face is red) - I forgot my email addy: pbphifer [at] gmail [dot] com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks Marian and Peggy. Love the great minds working together. :) Thanks so much for joining in and helping me out.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Just from Jillian!

    mandn@wipsper-wireless.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. I hope I just made it in!

    Okay let's see hmmmm...Oh I'm so bad at this LOL!... how about Kent's Korner!?!

    Amada

    amada_chavez{AT}yahoo{DOT}com

    ReplyDelete