Blog title
Hey! I've moved. You'll be directed to my new blog in 3...2...1...

BEDLAM TUESDAY: LET'S TALK ABOUT INCEPTION

Tuesday, August 3, 2010


SPOILER ALERT
Don't read if you plan on seeing the movie.
I went to see Inception  last week with my hubby. There's been a lot of discussion about this movie. If you've seen it, I'd love to know your take on it. Perhaps being a full time counselor as well as an author has clouded my judgement. But I thought it was all about mental health and one man's journey back to sanity after his wife's suicide, which he feels responsible for and carries extreme guilt related to what he feels he did to her. 

Your mind is the scene of the crime.
I will definetly go back to see this movie because (ahem) I can't get it out of my head. It's a fantastic way to depict mental illness and how the mind fights to find and stabilize reality. It should be a requirement for every psychology class.

Christopher Nolan, the writer and director has developed a real winner in my opinion, no matter what you think it's about. Any movie that can keep people talking about it is doing something right.

If you go to http://www.imdb.com/ and look at what genre it is you'll get a smile on your face. For me this movie showed a man and all the characters he would come across on his way back to sanity. Let's see, we had dreams to begin with, very Freudian. Then we had projections, the difficulty of getting lost and never coming back. Knowing when you're in reality and when you aren't. Unlocking the vault to discover the secrets of the mind. I could go on, but I'd rather you did.

So what was Inception all about?

0 comments:

Post a Comment