Blog title
Hey! I've moved. You'll be directed to my new blog in 3...2...1...

Make Yourself Come True/ Motivation

Sunday, October 24, 2010

Steve Chandler wrote this little book with big ideas. Actually, there are 100 great ideas in his book titled, 100 Ways to Motivate Yourself. Change Your Life Forever.

If you've ever had difficulty getting motivated to do anything I suggest you go out to your local library or favorite bookstore and pick up a copy of this little gem that packs big ideas.

Motivation. The definiton I like best from Dictonary.com http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/motivation
is: desire to do; interest or drive.




#18 in Chandler's book is: Just Don't Do Something . . . Sit There.



I wish I were sitting here on the beach. Alas, it's not to be for me at this time.

What does this mean to you? Chandler reminds us that Plato said: "Thinking is the soul talking to itself." Does this remind you of something? How about, "Be still and know that I am God." Psalm 46:10.

I'm finishing up my macro edits this week. It can be a tad overwhelming. So today, I'm just going to allow myself the time to "Be still." I'll do this for an hour. That's hard for me because I've got a lot on my plate this week. I'm sure you can relate. But it's important for us to find a quiet place and just sit and think and pray. Then go and do.

For instance, from pages 60-61 Steve recommends you Find Your Inner Einstein. I've never even imagined that I could have an inner Einstein. E=MC2. Do I have an inner Einstein? I don't think so.



But then I read Steve's pages. He says that Einstein said, "Imagination is more important than knowledge." Wait a minute! Wait just a minute. Maybe I do have an inner Einstien. I have imagination!

Steve goes on to tell us about a song for teenagers that Fred Knipe wrote so that teens could visualize themselves succeeding at what they wanted to do:

"That's you/in your wildest dreams/doing the wildest things/no one else can do. If you/just love and keep those dreams/the wildest dreams/you'll make yourself come true."

I LOVE THIS! It's motivating to me. Steve goes on to say,"But the greatest thing about active dreaming is not in the eventual reaching of the goal-- the greatest thing is what it does to the dreamer."

Are you making yourself come true? How? What are you doing? How do you stay motivated?



JUST SIT THERE. JUST IMAGINE.












I've done a post like this previously but deleted it by
mistake. So I've reinvented and revised it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment