Blog title
Hey! I've moved. You'll be directed to my new blog in 3...2...1...

OUCH!

Sunday, October 31, 2010


Do you remember the last time you had a close call? Something that could have changed your life for the worse in a moment? I went for a walk last Sunday to clear my head and enjoy the beautiful autumn day. My foot hit a patch of leaves and underneath were acorns and those walnuts wrapped in a green ball of danger. I went down so fast that I had little time to think about. Maybe 3 seconds.


The first thing that crossed my mind after I hit the ground was broken bones. I prayed that I hadn't done any major harm. I just lay there for a minute assessing the damage. The palms of my hands were bleeding, I was face down to the street and my right ankle hurt a little. I sat up and tested my hands, wrists, and then my ankles and legs. No major damage. Yeah! The next thing I thought: What if I'd broken my wrist or hand or fingers in the midst of revisions? Isn't that just like a writer?



A nice gentleman who worked for the city had seen me hit the sidewalk and helped me up. He was going to give me a ride home, but I was fine. I walked home and had a nice cup of tea thankful that I had no serious injuries. We all need help at sometime or other with something. When's the last time someone helped you up or you went to someone else's rescue? Just for today take time to remember the Good Samaritan.

 Luke 10:30-37 And Jesus answering said, A certain man went down from Jerusalem to Jericho, and fell among thieves, which stripped him of his raiment, and wounded him, and departed, leaving him half dead. And by chance there came down a certain priest that way: and when he saw him, he passed by on the other side. And likewise a Levite, when he was at the place, came and looked on him, and passed by on the other side. But a certain Samaritan, as he journeyed, came where he was: and when he saw him, he had compassion on him, And went to him, and bound up his wounds, pouring in oil and wine, and set him on his own beast, and brought him to an inn, and took care of him. And on the morrow when he departed, he took out two pence, and gave them to the host, and said unto him, Take care of him; and whatsoever thou spendest more, when I come again, I will repay thee. Which now of these three, thinkest thou, was neighbor unto him that fell among the thieves? And he said, He that shewed mercy on him. Then said Jesus unto him, Go, and do thou likewise.

0 comments:

Post a Comment