Blog title
Hey! I've moved. You'll be directed to my new blog in 3...2...1...

One Word

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

This is the first year I've heard about people choosing one word to make a significant difference in their lives. I love the idea. I first heard about it from my agency mate, Beth K.Vogt, here. Shortly after she posted on the blog I discovered that Debbie Macomber has also been doing this for years and now has a book out called One Perfect Word. When I first read the title I thought how can one word make that much difference? But together with Beth's post and reading about Debbie's book that is coming out I had a change of heart. Maybe one word could make a difference for me.

I haven't made a New Years resolution for a long time. I set some goals instead. I made some, forgot about others, and lost my focus. By choosing one word I hope to make a difference to how I chose to live each day this year. It's a word that could drastically change a lot for the better in my day job, my writing career, and my family life. Now I know you're wondering what word I've chosen. Okay, here it is: ORGANIZE. I know, I know. You may be thinking that's not such a big deal. The point is it's my word and it IS a big deal to me. So many of us, including me, look for balance, we want to de-clutter, or live simply, or get out of debt. For me, I hope that the word ORGANIZE will help me achieve much this year that will help me put a dent in some of these other issues one day at a time.

I've been searching the Bible for ideas related to the word organize. This is what I found:

1 Corinthians 14:40 (KJV) Let all things be done decently and in order.

 Ecclesiastes 6:11 (NIV)The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?

Also, I like that ORGANIZE  is a verb. And did you know that the antonyms of organize are:  destroy, disarrange, disorder, disorganize. Visit Thesarus.com

 Are you up to the challenge of one word? If so, what's your word?

 




6 comments:

  1. You're a braver person that me to chose organiztion as your word, Jillian. As the messy half of CD Hersh, that would be an unsurmountable thing for me to accomplish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh come on, Cath, you can do it! I have confidence in you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. For me, my word for 2012 will be TRUST! I blogged about it yesterday because I have been really struggling with trusting the Lord even though I knew He has always been there for me.

    I have a feeling by the end of this year, I will have a long blog post about how the Lord was so faithful to us in 2012!!

    Blessings,
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Ruth,
    I think we've all struggled with that at different times so you are not alone. Just Trust!
    How easy to say and not always so easy to do. I look forward to reading that post at the end of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jillian,
    I've discovered my word for the year. It's paper! I can take that several ways; getting rid of paper clutter (which I'm currently working on); writing more paper pages (which I'll start on the first of next week when I've cleared some more paper clutter from my office); read more books and all those magazines I get; and paper money, making some this year from writing! That's maybe more precise than what Debbie invisioned, but I think it will work for me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Focusing on one word in 2012 has already been insightful and powerful. My word for 2012 is Love.
    When I purchased a journal, there was 1 and I literally mean 1 in a stack of journals at the store with the following statement on the cover: Life is the first gift. Love is the second. That was only the beginning......I sm so grateful to have read of Debbie Macomber and her yearly focus of one word!

    ReplyDelete